Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016!


 Happy Halloween!!
We had a lovely laid-back Halloween today.
Molly and I got her costume all together in the morning and after lunch (and after I made the soup we would later have for dinner), we got her makeup done. It turned out SO cute.
I definitely thought that Zion wasn't going to wear his costume at all today. And after I'd spent a good hour hand-sewing it this morning, too! He was adamant that he would NOT be wearing it when we went with Daddy to his STEM class to check out the students' costumes (Daddy repeated his Luke Skywalker costume).
After visiting Daddy's class, the kids and I ran an errand (treat bags! very important) and then hung out at the park. My "costume" is above... it wasn't really a costume. I wore my normal clothes, and just stuck my mohawk up.
I love my hair. :D :D :D

Molly was such a cute kitty-cat at the park!
We picked the Daddy-man up from his school and came home to eat dinner - delicious turkey veggie soup with noodles added in for the kiddos - and made some costume adjustments before heading out to trick or treat!
Even the Bug got his costume on! Just as we were getting shoes on to head out, he said "Mama! I gotta wear my ghost shirt!" 
And great, great rejoicing was heard in the land... :D
We had a blast wandering around trick or treating, the kids got lots of compliments on their makeup and costumes. I love that the neighborhood we trick or treat in is a quiet one, with lots of friendly people, and that it's just the right size for our little ones to walk around without being carried!
Just as we were turning the corner near where we'd parked the car, Molly told me "Okay Mama, I think I'm done trick or treating now." Perfect timing and perfect neighborhood!
So we came home, and the kids went pretty much straight to bed with hardly a complaint. 
Happy, happy Halloween!
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment