Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My Big Little Girl

Her first year of school is officially finished!
The last day of class started off pretty much the same as every day this year - we came in, washed hands, she found her photo and checked in while I signed in, and then I asked what she'd like to do first:
"Build a castle!"
So she built a castle with her friend until her teacher gave the signal for Circle Time.
 
We sang and did action songs and had story time...
And after circle, we did crafts and played in the imaginative play area and she painted a fish.
And then... it was time for the ending ceremony!
Teacher called each kiddo's name and they came up to get their certificate and a lei (made of Otter Pops, haha), and there were leis for the parents as well.
Not a graduation ceremony - except for those keiki that will be going to kindergarten next year of course - but a nice little end-of-the-year celebration.
Molly was so pleased and excited!
I'm so proud of my girl - she rocked her first year of school and I know this is just the beginning!
Until next time,

2 comments: